POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 15 Shapes Taking Forever : Re: 15 Shapes Taking Forever Server Time
2 May 2024 15:12:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 15 Shapes Taking Forever
From: Stephen
Date: 18 Feb 2016 05:05:15
Message: <56c5975b$1@news.povray.org>
On 2/18/2016 3:38 AM, Sven Littkowski wrote:
> I have a tiny mini scene, but it takes forever to render it. Wow.
>
> Please let me know, how long this scene needs on your computer.
>
> 800x600, AA 0.3, highest quality, radiosity settings as defined inside
> the scene.

Two minutes 30 seconds in an i7 machine 12 threads.

Two minutes 24 seconds +BS8

Two minutes 24 seconds +BS16

Three minutes 7 seconds +BS64

Two minutes 20 seconds +BS8 Priority high (PovRay) display closed.

Two minutes 21 seconds +BS8 Priority high (PovRay) display open.

Two minutes 20 seconds +BS8 Priority high (PovRay) Priority Realtime
(Windows) display open.

Two minutes 23 seconds +BS8 Priority Normal (PovRay) Priority Realtime
(Windows) display closed.

--

Regards
     Stephen