POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : srgb vs. rgb for *every* color in v3.7xx? : Re: srgb vs. rgb for *every* color in v3.7xx? Server Time
2 May 2024 20:17:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: srgb vs. rgb for *every* color in v3.7xx?
From: scott
Date: 17 Feb 2016 04:34:38
Message: <56c43eae$1@news.povray.org>
> So I need to make a choice about the light, of which color type to use. Yet, I
> don't know which of the object's final HSB values is the truly correct one,
> given the vector colors I've chosen.

Well you've chosen two different physical light colours (the fact you
defined one with srgb and one with rgb is not really relevant). Neither
one is more "correct" than the other, unless you got the numbers from
somewhere where they had some prior meaning (eg from a colour picker
tool, or from some scientific measurement data).