POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : require free 3D models and converter : Re: require free 3D models and converter Server Time
3 Aug 2024 06:18:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: require free 3D models and converter
From: Mike Horvath
Date: 15 Feb 2016 12:10:59
Message: <56c206a3$1@news.povray.org>
On 2/15/2016 5:19 AM, posfan12 wrote:
> "Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlnet> wrote:
>> "Hughes, B." <bob### [at] charternet> schreef in bericht
>>> "Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlnet> wrote in message

>> all
>>> 8<
>>>
>>> Yikes! Um, sorry Thomas. I don't believe I even made changes to that,
>> aside
>>> from perhaps renaming the include file. In fact, I find two of those here.
>>> One called makerock.inc, the other mossrock.inc which doesn't write the
>> mesh
>>> to a new file. Probably attained for and used in a mossy rock rendering I
>>> did years ago.
>>>
>>> I also think I e-mailed a copy to someone a little while back but it has
>> no
>>> mention of my name within the text of the file. So, everyone can strike me
>>> from their memories and hopefully John will forgive me my trespasses.
>>> Heh-heh.
>>> :-)
>>>
>> As a matter of fact, you e-mailed it to me! Looking at the files:
>> There are slight differences between the 'original' rock.inc and
>> makerock.inc. I took the liberty then to add the writing to mesh. I recorded
>> all this in the header of my copy of course.
>>
>> Thomas
>
> Does anyone know who has the "latest" edition of this include? And what are the
> changes?
>

> Mike

I am trying to take the difference of one large instance of the rock and
a smaller version of the same object, like this.

difference
{
	object
	{
		Rock
		double_illuminate
		texture {RockTex}
		texture {LichenTex}
		transform {RockTrans}
		scale 48
		rotate y * -90
	}
	object
	{
		Rock
		scale 16
	}
	plane {+y, 0}
}

But instead of a large rock with a smaller rock-shaped hole in it, both
rocks simply disappear. Is there an issue when taking the difference of
one mesh object from another? Can mesh objects not be used in CSG?

Mike