POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Wanted: Air and Water : Re: Wanted: Air and Water Server Time
19 May 2024 08:13:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wanted: Air and Water
From: Sven Littkowski
Date: 15 Feb 2016 05:29:41
Message: <56c1a895$1@news.povray.org>
I came to use 2,000 light sources, because I want soft shadows along the
Z axis (a light each 40 meters) for the one reason, and also a flow from
day-white light via afternoon-peach to sunset-purple along the Z axis.

Alternatively, working with no light source but with emitting surfaces
of those colors and radiosity, does also the trick.

But I am also interested to learn about media atmospheric effects, and
so I try both illuminations still and find out, which way gives me the
best results.

I am considering to create a custom version of POV-Ray that does not
give me those limits. Maybe, one day, these limits can be set within the
appropriate .ini file or within the menu bar of the program (settings,
options), or don't exist anymore but POV-Ray would give a warning or
advise when parsing such a scene. Hey, CLipka, how do you do today? :-)