POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Weird error : Re: Weird error Server Time
28 Apr 2024 04:30:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Weird error
From: clipka
Date: 15 Feb 2016 04:07:16
Message: <56c19544$1@news.povray.org>
Am 15.02.2016 um 07:42 schrieb Mike Horvath:

> But am getting a weird error, "Cannot create render state output file."
>
> What does it mean? And how do I fix the scene?

The render state output file is the file created by POV-Ray to enable
render abort-continue.

Sounds like POV-Ray does not have write permission to the output
directory, or the resulting file name would exceed limits imposed by the
operating system, or the disk is full, or some such.

In any case it is most certainly unrelated to any specifics of the scene
file.