POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Wanted: Air and Water : Re: Wanted: Air and Water Server Time
2 Jun 2024 05:55:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wanted: Air and Water
From: clipka
Date: 14 Feb 2016 15:05:50
Message: <56c0de1e$1@news.povray.org>
Am 14.02.2016 um 14:51 schrieb Sven Littkowski:
> I am, actually, getting a very different problem now, when trying to use
> a scattering effect:
>
> "Fetal Error in Renderer: A POV-Ray internal nesting limit was reached."
>
> What part of my code could cause that?

This message indicates that any one of the following limits was reached:

- 256 media statements relevant at any point in space.

- 256 media intervals (between two object surfaces?).

- 512 lit media intervals (between two object surfaces ?).

- (256 light sources used with media *).

- A limit of 512 overlapping textured elements at any point in space in
a blob or a CSG union, merge or intersection.

- 1024 light sources used with media and/or photons.

(? At present I'm not exactly sure how these limits work.)

(* This limit is only relevant with some alternative code that is
currently disabled.)