POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The Colony Ship : Re: The Colony Ship Server Time
6 Oct 2024 00:48:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Colony Ship
From: Sven Littkowski
Date: 14 Feb 2016 14:50:58
Message: <56c0daa2$1@news.povray.org>
Hi Alain, not sure if I understood.

You're saying, that I could use a full-color image as heightfield? Like
the same file for texture and heightfield? But I am thinking, a texture
that shows green meadows and brown (soil) paths through them, would give
me the accurate heights. But maybe I am misunderstanding.

Or do you mean, instead of a gray-scale image, I should use a red-scale
image (or green-scale, or blue-scale)? Can you explain in easier words
for me, or give me a sample image? Thanks.