POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Wanted: Air and Water : Re: Wanted: Air and Water Server Time
2 Jun 2024 06:22:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wanted: Air and Water
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 14 Feb 2016 02:55:00
Message: <56c032d4$1@news.povray.org>
On 14-2-2016 5:47, Sven Littkowski wrote:
> Thanks, Alan.
>
> Yes, the strength of the light must have been the problem: I tried
> scattering, but got only a black screen.

If you get a black screen (or a white screen for that matter) it is
because your scattering vector value is out of range, either too high or
too low. You need to experiment with that too. The intensity of the
light source inside the media may also play an important role.

Important note! Always (repeat: Always) scale your media object and the
inverse scattering vector proportionally (as I showed you in my example).

In one word: experiment, experiment, experiment (3 words now) :-)

--
Thomas