POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Wanted: Air and Water : Re: Wanted: Air and Water Server Time
2 Jun 2024 07:23:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wanted: Air and Water
From: Alain
Date: 13 Feb 2016 16:14:53
Message: <56bf9ccd$1@news.povray.org>
Le 16-02-11 23:19, Sven Littkowski a écrit :
> Thanks. :-)
>
> Not bad. But in my scenario, it is a bit different: there is an
> illuminated day" side inside that hollow cylinder, but also a dark
> "night" side. The illumination is done already by light sources at the
> moment, or an emissive image maybe in the future.
>
> The medium I need, would not need to glow. But it should give that blue
> "dust" to the distance, and be brighter around a light or emission source.

Your light need to be fading.
That mean using fade_power 2 and fade_distance SomeRelativelyShortDistance.
That also mean that the light's intensity will large to very large,
possibly in the 1000000 range.

That wat, the illumination will be much stronger near the lights, making
it right for scattering media. Just make the media have a blue colour.
It will glow blue, and the illumination reatching the surface will get a
yellow tint.
Also, that scattering media will gives a blue tint to things farther away.

If you use radiosity and emissive image/pattern, that can't illuminate
your media. In that case, you'll need to use emissive media to get the
same result.