POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The Colony Ship : Re: The Colony Ship Server Time
8 Jul 2024 19:42:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Colony Ship
From: Sven Littkowski
Date: 12 Feb 2016 16:36:38
Message: <56be5066$1@news.povray.org>
Knowing about UberPov and some other versions, I really think, it would
be nicer not to split the POV-family into more and more children, but to
enable POV-Ray Original to have such modes and capabilities, too.

Imagine, you create a scene that uses the latest features of POV-Ray
3.7, but for one effect you need to use UberPov or another member of the
POV-Ray family, and can't because they are not fully compatible with
their understanding of the scene code because they don't support the
same features.

I personally don't care, if a scene of mine looks on each computer the
same, as long as it is approximately the same. If possible, I would like
such a stochastic mode on demand.

But this is a thread about my colony ship, so I don't want to torture
you with my personal POV-Ray wishes. :-)