POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Wanted: Air and Water : Re: Wanted: Air and Water Server Time
19 May 2024 01:54:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wanted: Air and Water
From: Alain
Date: 11 Feb 2016 20:13:52
Message: <56bd31d0$1@news.povray.org>
Le 16-02-11 09:41, Stephen a écrit :
> On 2/11/2016 12:45 PM, Sven Littkowski wrote:
>> Thanks. There are two keywords in it, which will help me now to
>> investigate better: scattering and absorption.
>>

> There is also emission which you could use for the central light source.
> I was going to mention Rune Johansen's "electric.inc" but that uses the
> glow keyword which requires MegaPov. So it will not work with the
> official PovRay.
> Nevertheless Rune's site does have some good include files that you
> might find useful. I often use his Grass Tex Include File and his
> Particle System is good too.

For the glow, you can use emissive media with an appropriate pattern.
The spherical pattern is often the best suitted one, followed by
cylindrical.

media{emission Colour}
This gives you an uniform glowing media.

sphere{0, 1 pigment{rgbt 1}
  hollow
  media{emission Colour density{spherical}}
}

gives you a spherical glowing media, contained within an unit sphere,
that goes from full strength at the center and drop to zero at the
surface of the sphere.

Alain