POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Observation: Memory Increase During Render : Re: Observation: Memory Increase During Render Server Time
16 May 2024 16:35:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Observation: Memory Increase During Render
From: clipka
Date: 10 Feb 2016 14:20:53
Message: <56bb8d95$1@news.povray.org>
Am 10.02.2016 um 19:00 schrieb dick balaska:

> povwin 3.7.1-alpha.8358383+av65.msvc14.win
> I think you built it.

To be precise, I didn't -- it was AppVeyor that did. All builds
identifying as "+av<number>" are automated builds generated by that service.
But yes, I did authorize the build and its distribution.

Can you do me a favour and try out whether the most recent build does
the same?

I just recently discovered a bug in the cleanup of user-defined
functions; as I couldn't pinpoint when exactly it was introduced, it
might have been around longer than I suspected. If that's the root cause
of the memory leaks you're seeing, this build should fix it:

https://github.com/POV-Ray/povray/releases/tag/v3.7.1-alpha.8463913%2Bav107