POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Question: Twisting a Heightfield? : Re: Question: Twisting a Heightfield? Server Time
19 May 2024 20:31:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Question: Twisting a Heightfield?
From: scott
Date: 9 Feb 2016 09:57:19
Message: <56b9fe4f$1@news.povray.org>
>>> Most of the Insert items are not meant to be stand-alone scenes, but
>>> IMHO they should at least contain a comment that states if any include
>>> files are needed in the scene.
>>>

>> ... or an #ndef() #include "...inc" #end statement which automatically
>> would include the necessary file.
>>
>> --
>> Thomas
>
> Hmm, I'm wondering if I fully understand the question that was
> asked. :-/  Are there insert menu items or #include files that do *not* also
> include any additional needed #include files for the initial #include file to
> work? (Sorry, that sounds kind of convoluted and funny!) I don't recall any
> problems like that... or maybe so, when I first started using POV-Ray, but I
> just worked around them...

As I understood the OP, the point is that when you add something from
the "Insert" menu, the text block that is inserted should tell you if
you need to also add any #include into your scene file to make that
block of code work.

Indeed some of the items in that menu start with something like:

//needs: #include "shapes.inc"

But the HF_Cylinder one, for example, gives no clues as to what file (if
any) you should #include to get it to work.