POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Gancaloon: a rainy season : Re: Gancaloon: a rainy season Server Time
14 May 2024 08:00:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Gancaloon: a rainy season
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 6 Feb 2016 07:16:59
Message: <56b5e43b$1@news.povray.org>

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3C52a72c87%40news.povray.org%3E/?ttop=404986&toff=350&mtop=3892
> 79
>>
>> Since then, some little things were done but not much. This is the
>> state-of-the-art from last I worked on the scene. I intend to do some
>> further work (those yellow boots!! those ugly capes!!) and see if I can
>> finally reach a terminal phase.
>>
>> Render time: a bit below 5 hours.
>>
>> --
>> Thomas
>
> Hi Thomas.
>
> Well done ! Rendering wet scenes always seemed too difficult to me. The few
> tries I made were not satisfactory at all. You did it like a maestro ! Congrats
> for the atmosphere and mood, and for technicity !

Much praise at first for Jaime Vives Piqueres as the primary author of
the rain macros and the rain scene concept. I only did improve a bit on
them. Then I extrapolated further into the scene building itself. Wet
scenes are difficult indeed and I am still not entirely satisfied with
this one but one learns! One learns!

> PS : am jealous ...

No need to be.

--