POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Gancaloon: Amphitheatre update : Re: Gancaloon: Amphitheatre update Server Time
28 Sep 2024 17:56:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Gancaloon: Amphitheatre update
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 4 Feb 2016 07:30:14
Message: <56b34456$1@news.povray.org>
On 4-2-2016 10:09, Sven Littkowski wrote:
> That scene looks quite fine! Hmmm, the sky is alright, but if the scene
> is supposed to be located at a Mediterranean environment, where the sun
> is more intensive, then the landscape lacks a bit of contrast and color
> intensity. It looks more like during a cool winter or early spring day
> in Northern Europe. When looking at Caribbean or Mediterranean photos,
> you can see the difference in the illumination (color intensity and
> increased contrast).

Hm yes, that is indeed true. There are all sort of things that still do
not add up nicely in the whole project (which is quite getting out of
control somehow) and which need to be addressed sooner or later.

By the way, the scene is situated somewhere on the Libyan coastline but
not in a desertic environment..

> I will very curiously follow your thread, because your scene is very
> promising! :-)

If you browse p.b.i. from about 2013 backwards, you will find a variety
of scene versions from this project. Search for 'Gancaloon', also on the
TC-RTC site.
--
Thomas