POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Road to radiosity perfection for patio_radio. : Re: Road to radiosity perfection for patio_radio. Server Time
14 May 2024 14:47:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Road to radiosity perfection for patio_radio.
From: scott
Date: 4 Feb 2016 03:39:57
Message: <56b30e5d@news.povray.org>
> Hello again.
>
> I revisited the patio_radio scene so as to try to reach perfection. For that
> purpose, I perform my attempts on high resolution images (1600*1200).
>
> For this attempt #1, it still remains :
>      -) some light areas in some corners
>         (to the left, on the floor, under the arches)
>      -) tiny splotchy zones by the arch half-rings,
>         at the top right of the image
>
> The fringe under the balcony seems correct.
>
> Render time : 1 hour and 10 mn on a quad xeon @ 3.7GHz.

Don't forget you can always use the "no_cache" option (I think uberPOV
only?) to get a "reference" image. See attached, that took about 25 mins
on my machine using "count 10" and "recursion_limit 3". You'd obviously
need higher settings to get rid of the graininess, but at least then
you'd have something to compare the radiosity version with.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'patio-radio_37.png' (3716 KB)

Preview of image 'patio-radio_37.png'