POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Observation: Memory Increase During Render : Re: Observation: Memory Increase During Render Server Time
16 May 2024 06:48:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Observation: Memory Increase During Render
From: dick balaska
Date: 1 Feb 2016 13:10:45
Message: <56af9fa5$1@news.povray.org>
On 1/31/2016 8:51 PM, clipka wrote:

> Running out of /virtual/ memory is a feat that on a Windows system
> rarely ever happens.

I actually had povwin suck down all my memory the other day.  Windows
(8.1) was kind enough to say "you really want to kill this guy".

I currently have a povwin idling at 2GB real memory and 8GB virtual
memory.  In this instance, I have rendered maybe 800-1000 frames (test
frames, low object count).

This isn't anything I even looked at until the other day when it freaked
out.  I'm not saying it's leaking, but it would be nice if it gave back
the memory when it was doing nothing.