POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Observation: Memory Increase During Render : Observation: Memory Increase During Render Server Time
16 May 2024 15:44:05 EDT (-0400)
  Observation: Memory Increase During Render
From: Sven Littkowski
Date: 31 Jan 2016 18:37:53
Message: <56ae9ad1$1@news.povray.org>
Hi,

in order to speed up my POV-Ray rendering, I keep my Windows Task
Manager (WTM) on and changed the Priority of POV-Ray to "High", but only
during the nights.

But having the WTM always open, allows me also to see the memory usage
of POV-Ray. I am observing, that I started the render with a usage of
450 MB or so. Now, after 8 days, the memory usage lays at 3.7 GB.

1
Does this point towards memory leak(s), or is this normal?

2
I have 8 GB of memory. What will happen if POV-Ray reaches a memory
consumption 0f 7 or even 8 GB?