POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Question: Render Speed: Differences : Re: Question: Render Speed: Differences Server Time
16 May 2024 00:47:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Question: Render Speed: Differences
From: Sven Littkowski
Date: 31 Jan 2016 14:31:15
Message: <56ae6103$1@news.povray.org>
Thanks to both of you.   :-)

All these questions came up just during the long render of the partial
scene. No way to experiment, as the scene rendering still goes on (7
days 23 hours 33 minutes = 19%). But as soon as that render of which I
expect the result so eagerly is done, I am doing a lot of restructuring
(minimizing amount of differences) and testing the meshes versus boxes.

Especially the red hangars cost time. Boooo!

I will experiment with Sketchup, if I somehow can use its meshes inside
POV-Ray with some converting.

I am also checking out (right now) that website proposed by Stephen.