POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Area lights and looks_like : Re: Area lights and looks_like Server Time
15 May 2024 11:27:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Area lights and looks_like
From: clipka
Date: 30 Jan 2016 16:39:25
Message: <56ad2d8d$1@news.povray.org>
Am 30.01.2016 um 20:28 schrieb Mike Horvath:

> Oops! I added area_illumination on to the code, but didn't check to see
> if it worked. That seems to have solved the issue.

I was just about to ask what version of POV-Ray you are using, and to
state that "area_illumination" _should_ take care this in current
versions ;)

> But I decided to also add emission, which was even better.

Yes, I guess in your case a purely emissive surface (no diffuse, no
highlights) should be the ideal solution.

Make sure to specify "no_radiosity" though.