POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Here be monsters... : Re: Here be monsters... Server Time
28 Sep 2024 17:13:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Here be monsters...
From: Stephen
Date: 30 Jan 2016 11:43:02
Message: <56ace816$1@news.povray.org>
On 1/30/2016 4:21 PM, Simon J. Cambridge wrote:
> Hi Stephen,
>
> First off, thanks for liking my stuff. As I said to Kenneth I tinker alot and it
> is sometimes difficult for me to let go of something.

What is there not to like? The site its self is excellent. As Kenneth
said “some of the best Disney pre-production artwork”
I particularly like:
http://www.landofthefirst.com/ell/images/ell.png

The one I changed the gamma on is Othil Admaq

> The gamma question is interesting, because I tried what you said and for me the
> images went darker and lost colour. My screens are all from dell, of varying
> ages, and the images are fine on all of them (varying light conditions).

You can only judge by what you can see yourself.

> I tend to render with gamma 2.2, but that is not hard and fast, especially when
> using brighter lights, and some of the images were colour corrected afterwards
> anyway. From looking at other conversations here concerning gamma, I get the
> impression that it is a contentious issue. (And I didn't know that 3.7.1 was in
> the works - excellent news).

Yes Clipka and Cousin Ricky have a holy mission. :-)

I don't care that much myself. As long as it looks fine. :-)

--

Regards
     Stephen