POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Broken Arrow : Re: Broken Arrow Server Time
7 May 2024 22:20:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Broken Arrow
From: clipka
Date: 29 Jan 2016 01:58:14
Message: <56ab0d86@news.povray.org>
Am 28.01.2016 um 16:10 schrieb clipka:

> While I've managed to sort out the problem that surfaced on Semaphore,
> something's still amiss with the current GitHub master branch: The other
> automated Unix build service -- Travis CI -- keeps building binaries
> that either fail with "Operation timed out." or even core dump when
> trying to render the biscuits test scene. Unfortunately I can't recreate
> the problem here.
>
> Can someone please try to give me a hand in recreating and diagnosing
> the problem?
>
> Here's an outline of the system Travis CI uses for building:
>
> Ubuntu 12.04.5 LTS "precise"
> Linux 3.13.0-29-generic
> autoconf 2.68
> automake 1.11.3
> gcc 4.6.3-1ubuntu5
> ZLib 1.2.3.4
> LibPNG 1.2.46
> LibJPEG 80
> LibTIFF 3.9.5
> Boost 1.46
> OpenEXR 1.6.1

Okay, having gone through the (for a Windows jockey) irritating hassle
of setting up Ubuntu 12.04 myself on a VM, I can now confirm that this
is a reproducable problem with the above set-up.

But I'm a bit at a loss where to go from here; on Windows I'd just fire
up the Visual Studio IDE and interactively step through code from there.
I guess that's not how things are done on Linux, is it?

Any recommendations welcome.