POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Scattering media help : Re: Scattering media help Server Time
28 Jun 2024 21:17:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Scattering media help
From: clipka
Date: 25 Jan 2016 16:46:25
Message: <56a697b1$1@news.povray.org>
Am 25.01.2016 um 22:35 schrieb Mike Horvath:
> On 1/25/2016 4:22 PM, clipka wrote:
>>> Because it differs from the original image. Can I lower the density
>>> without changing the color?
>>
>> I thought I had given a clear enough answer, but here it is again in a
>> nutshell:
>>
>> Yes, you /can/ do that by reducing the "extinction" parameter. /But/
>> tampering with the setting will void your warranty (read: break physical
>> realism).
>
> I've lowered extinction to 1/100000000 and it has zero effect. Here is
> the code I am using now.

Then I must confess I have no idea what you are talking about when you
say you want to "lower the density without changing the colour" because
it is "too dark" when "properly dense".

If extinction doesn't have any noticeable effect, it means that the "too
dark" effect you observe is not due to a lack of light from the
background getting through to the camera.

I must consequently assume that the "too dark" effect you observe is
instead due to a lack of light /scattered to/ the camera, but to get
more of this light you need a /higher/ density rather than a lower one.