POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Scattering media help : Re: Scattering media help Server Time
14 May 2024 17:05:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Scattering media help
From: Alain
Date: 25 Jan 2016 14:38:41
Message: <56a679c1@news.povray.org>
Le 16-01-25 03:42, Mike Horvath a écrit :
> I'm trying to add some haze as seen in the attached image I rendered a
> long time ago. Unfortunately, I lost the code I used at the time, and my
> current code is not working at all. Can anyone please assist? Here is my
> current non working code, thanks.
>
> #local atmos_material = material
> {
>      // check TexQual here?
>      texture {pigment {gamma_color_adjust(1) transmit 1}}
>      interior
>      {
>          media
>          {
>              scattering
>              {
>                  4, color rgb <0.2,0.4,1.0>/10000    // crappy
> approximaion of TerraPOV value
>                  extinction    1
>              }
>              samples    1,1

Ok ONLY if using sampling method 1 or 2.
For the default method 3, use only a single value NO SMALLER than 3. In
your case, the default of 10 should be correct.
NEVER set intervals but rely on the default value of 1. Larger values
dramaticaly slow you down and can introduce artefacts.

>              density
>              {
>                  cylindrical
>                  poly_wave    0.25
>                  color_map
>                  {
>                      [0    srgb 1.0]
>                      [1    srgb 0.0]
>                  }
>              }
>          }
>      }
>      scale    city_radius
>      rotate    x * 90
> }

Make absolutely sure that you set any container object to hollow.
Also, if enclosed into another object that is not the container, that
object to need to be set as hollow.
If you use a world sphere, that MUST be set as hollow.

Alain