POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Colony ship : Re: Colony ship Server Time
4 Jun 2024 23:07:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Colony ship
From: Alain
Date: 25 Jan 2016 14:26:40
Message: <56a676f0$1@news.povray.org>
Le 16-01-25 04:01, Sven Littkowski a écrit :
> Nice inside landscaping. Shouldn't all building be of the same shape, in
> regards to ensure all over the cylinder is the same mass distribution?
> Otherwise, mass unbalance might cause problems while spinning. I don't
> mean the shape of buildings from back to front, but beside each other.

You just need the building to be similar across the axis. Side by side,
it don't mather.
Also, you can have a small building containing huigh mass cargo, and
large ones used by peoples that have about the same overall mass.
Finaly, there is probably a network of balast "underground" to help
balancing the whole thing.

Alain