POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Possible Parse Error: Operation Timed Out : Re: Possible Parse Error: Operation Timed Out Server Time
2 May 2024 22:48:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Possible Parse Error: Operation Timed Out
From: clipka
Date: 22 Jan 2016 18:44:02
Message: <56a2bec2$1@news.povray.org>
Am 22.01.2016 um 20:52 schrieb Sven Littkowski:
> Yes. Both is correct.
>
> This situation gives me the following thought:
> A new version of POV-Ray should have more tolerance to slower systems
> (auto-configuration of expectation time between these two threads?), or
> a configuration possibility to set expectation time by hand. Just a
> suggestion.

Currently, a timeout of 10 seconds is used, which doesn't seem /that/
unreasonable.

> But what can I do right now about this problem?

Buy a faster computer? ;)

That, or make another change to your own personal build of POV-Ray:

At the end of source/base/build.h (but before the last "#endif"), insert:

    #define kDefaultTimeout 60

to increase the timeout from 10 seconds to 1 minute. Or insert any value
you deem fitting.