POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Mesh2 and file types : Re: Mesh2 and file types Server Time
21 May 2024 18:05:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mesh2 and file types
From: Stephen
Date: 21 Jan 2016 07:49:38
Message: <56a0d3e2$1@news.povray.org>
On 1/21/2016 12:26 PM, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> On 21-1-2016 11:10, Mike Horvath wrote:
>> On 1/21/2016 3:09 AM, Thomas de Groot wrote:
>>> That is interesting and I am surprised. I generally use .mcr for macros,
>>> with the impression that this was a POV-Ray team suggestion. It
>>> certainly did not exist or was used before version 3.6, iirc. I don't
>>> know who started its use then in a "formal" way.
>>>
>> Chris Colefax made some .mcr files in the stuff he made IIRC.
>
> That is correct. So, at least, 1999! ;-)

Macros were introduced in Ver 3

> Help for 3.1g

> User Defined Macros
>
> New in POV-Ray 3.1 are user defined macros with parameters. This new feature, along
with the ability to declare #local variables, turns the POV-Ray Language into a fully
functional programming language. It should now be possible to write scene generation
utilities that previously required external utilities.

But there is no "Save as *.mcr etc"

Nor is there a "Save as *.mcr etc" in 3.5.

--

Regards
     Stephen