POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : REQUEST : Re: REQUEST Server Time
1 Jun 2024 10:57:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: REQUEST
From: scott
Date: 19 Jan 2016 03:18:27
Message: <569df153$1@news.povray.org>
> Yes, here are machine shops, but Jamaica is a very poor country (thanks
> to its incapable and corrupt, partially even criminal government). The
> machine shops here are very limited in what they can do (type of
> machines they can afford), and also very limited by metal types.
>
> Some weeks ago, I tried to find a machine shop that can create a
> fast-rotating disc for a machine I wanted to build to make powder out of
> empty plastic bottles (see attached render image), and they couldn't do
> it. I went to over 20 machine shops until I gave up. I learned, what
> they can do, and what not.

I would be very interested to hear what they can do, if they can't turn
this simple part for you. Even doing it freehand on a very basic
metalworking lathe I can't imagine it taking more than an hour.

Your cutter disk thing is completely understandable, I can only imagine
the reaction from our guys in the machine shop here at work if I took
that design over to them :-O