POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Is this a bug? : Re: Is this a bug? Server Time
26 Jun 2024 01:37:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Is this a bug?
From: Ger
Date: 19 Jan 2016 01:53:27
Message: <569ddd67@news.povray.org>
dick balaska wrote:

> On 1/18/2016 7:59 PM, Ger wrote:
>> Another
>> indicator to that is that shortly before it crashes the memory usage goes
>> up strongly.
>
> That *could* just be an artifact.  It's parsing crap, who knows what
> objects it thinks it's creating.

Indeed, that is always a possibility, but I had a test render running this
evening and when I came back to check on it, it was using ~30GB of memory to
process ~28K spheres. And that's a wee bit too much.
After I stopped it and let the computer settle down a bit, I restarted it
where it left off and memory usage was up to 2GB within minutes.
--

Ger