POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Chromadepth : Re: Chromadepth Server Time
13 May 2024 18:23:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Chromadepth
From: Mike Horvath
Date: 18 Jan 2016 23:50:00
Message: <569dc078@news.povray.org>
Here's a stereoscopic version, since I got my stereoscope in the mail
this week. I used StereoPhoto Maker to assemble the image.

I am disappointed that:

1. The printed images are so small. If I print them larger, then they
are out of focus due to the magnification of the lenses.
2. At small sizes, the printed images are not very crisp. Maybe taking
the images to a photo lab will produce better results than my desktop
printer.
3. The colors are much darker when printed than in the program preview.
4. I'm still not sure if I should make the cameras converge on a single
point or not. I'm not sure which is better.
5. If I mess with the paper orientation in the printer dialog, then the
images get cropped or misaligned in weird ways, wasting paper and ink.
It's better to stick with the defaults I guess.
6. The program doesn't label the left and right source images, so I
forget which is which. Because of this I don't know for sure whether the
stereoscope uses the cross-eyed method or not.
7. I can't figure out how to resize the program window so that I can
preview the images using the stereoscope before printing.

Otherwise, the experience was okay, and did not require a lot of
preparation or configuration to get good results.

Mike

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'datsville_townview_stereoscopic.png' (3105 KB)

Preview of image 'datsville_townview_stereoscopic.png'
datsville_townview_stereoscopic.png