POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Is this a bug? : Re: Is this a bug? Server Time
15 May 2024 15:52:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Is this a bug?
From: Ger
Date: 18 Jan 2016 02:03:56
Message: <569c8e5c@news.povray.org>
clipka wrote:

> Am 17.01.2016 um 23:43 schrieb Ger:
>
>> Persistence of Vision(tm) Ray Tracer Version
>> 3.7.1-alpha.7695039.unofficial
>
> Uh... that's 17 months old. Ever thought of trying a newer version?

I have thought of it, but somehow never got around to it.

Okay, got the latest? stable version
built it, and guess what. It doesn't accept the -CC option
Ran the render with the #include data.inc inside the macro  and it did the
same thing.
Random errors on non-existing line numbers.

>> (g++
>>  4.8 @ x86_64-suse-linux-gnu)
>> This is an unofficial version compiled by:
>>  Pietje Puk <p.p### [at] gmailcom>
>>  The POV-Ray Team is not responsible for supporting this version.
>
> I take it "Pietje Puk" is not the real name of whoever built the binary
> -- which in turn leads me to presume that you built it yourself.

It's the first version with the -CC option (no povstatefile) that I
requested.

--

Ger