POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Is this a bug? : Re: Is this a bug? Server Time
15 May 2024 15:21:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Is this a bug?
From: Ger
Date: 17 Jan 2016 17:43:32
Message: <569c1914$1@news.povray.org>
clipka wrote:

> Am 17.01.2016 um 22:55 schrieb Ger:
>> clipka wrote:

>>> It certainly isn't intended behaviour, otherwise it would give you an
>>> error all the time ;)
>>>
>>> Can you be more specific about the error message you get? Version and
>>> operating system might also play a role.
>>
>> Povray V3.7 running on  Opensuse 13.2
>
> Um... /what/ version of POV-Ray 3.7? 3.7.0 stable? 3.7.1-alpha.7678995?
> 3.7.1-alpha.8433080?
>
> Did you build it yourself, or did you get it as binary via some package
> manager?
>
>> Error message is all over the field and makes zero sense to me.
>> Error at line 249 (or any other bizarre line number, file only has 51
>> lines) in data.inc. Expected {fill in whatever }, found {fill in whatever}
>> instead Or it stops with a "mismatched #end"
>
> That /certainly/ is a bug, though I have no initial idea what might be
> going wrong there.
>
>> I have ran it with array sizes from only 5 lines to 15K lines and that
>> doesn't make a difference in either error message or frame number when it
>> crashes.
>
> Can you provide me with a complete scene file (attachment please;
> pasting into a newsgroup post tends to break things due to line wrapping
> and the like)?
Persistence of Vision(tm) Ray Tracer Version 3.7.1-alpha.7695039.unofficial
(g++
 4.8 @ x86_64-suse-linux-gnu)
This is an unofficial version compiled by:
 Pietje Puk <p.p### [at] gmailcom>
 The POV-Ray Team is not responsible for supporting this version.

Support libraries used by POV-Ray:
  ZLib 1.2.8, Copyright 1995-2012 Jean-loup Gailly and Mark Adler
  LibPNG 1.6.13, Copyright 1998-2012 Glenn Randers-Pehrson
  LibJPEG 80, Copyright 1991-2013 Thomas G. Lane, Guido Vollbeding
  LibTIFF 4.0.4, Copyright 1988-1997 Sam Leffler, 1991-1997 SGI
  Boost 1.54, http://www.boost.org/
  OpenEXR, Copyright (c) 2004-2007, Industrial Light & Magic.

2 files attached

As I was typing this reply the next error message come up

File 'data.inc' line 169: Parse Error: Expected 'object or directive', ]
found
 instead
Fatal error in parser: Cannot parse input.
Render failed

There is no line 169
--

Ger

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'us-ascii' (6 KB) Download 'us-ascii' (1 KB)