POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 3D images : Re: 3D images Server Time
2 Jun 2024 14:16:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3D images
From: clipka
Date: 16 Jan 2016 14:37:58
Message: <569a9c16$1@news.povray.org>
Am 16.01.2016 um 07:07 schrieb Mike Horvath:

> Is there a particular image resolution, physical size, and aspect ratio
> I should be aiming for when generating images in POV-Ray? Or will the
> software automatically take care of issues regardless of how I render
> the images?

Image resolution: Ideally the same as the highest-resolution device you
intend to view it on -- unless the device you're most keen on viewing it
on doesn't support image scaling, in which case that's the resolution
you want to choose.

Physical image size: Ideally the same as the device you're most keen on
viewing it on.

Aspect ratio: Ideally the same as the device you're most keen on viewing
it on.

Whether "the software" on the target device will automatically take care
of issues entirely depends on "the software".