POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Override textures and materials? : Re: Override textures and materials? Server Time
21 May 2024 10:12:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Override textures and materials?
From: Stephen
Date: 16 Jan 2016 09:20:39
Message: <569a51b7@news.povray.org>
On 1/16/2016 1:39 PM, Mike Horvath wrote:
> On 1/16/2016 5:15 AM, Stephen wrote:
>> Why not put your textures in an INC file then you could put your
>> alternative textures in another INC file. If they have the same names
>> you can select which set of textures to use by using the #include
>> command.
>>

> The problem in my case is that the individual textures are oriented to
> the local coordinates of each object, whereas I need a texture that is
> tied to the global coordinate system. I don't know how to compensate for
> this.
>

> Mike

I misunderstood. I thought you wanted to swap between textures. Thomas
was right. (As usual.)

I just had a quick look at what Chromadepth is and it looks quite
interesting. Designing a scene where the depth information is in the
colour will be, as I said, interesting. With red being in front, and
blue being back.
I think you might be able to do it with a bit of jiggery pokery in the
way you write your textures and scene.
I’ll dwell on’t. ;-)

--

Regards