POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Sad mulberry : Re: Sad mulberry Server Time
1 Jul 2024 01:02:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sad mulberry
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 15 Jan 2016 02:49:39
Message: <5698a493$1@news.povray.org>
On 14-1-2016 16:38, And wrote:
>> On 13-1-2016 16:02, And wrote:
>>> I made a picture today.
>>>
>>> There is many thoughts in my head recently. I thought what will happen if we die
>>> then start afraid. So I cannot do many things these days.
>>>

>> This is a very beautiful image indeed.
>>

> Thank you!
>
>> Norbert mentioned Epicurus as a way to look at death, I would add a word
>> from Erasmus if I may, which I try to make my own on a daily basis:
>> "work, as if you had eternal life; live, as if this is your last day".
>>
> Sounds like needing more practice to me.

It may be indeed harder than it looks like in print and an awareness
that grows with the years I suppose. I am not sure, but does Buddhism
not have some similar views? In any case, it certainly means to be fully
aware of life (and to enjoy it if we can) as we do not know the time of
our death.

--
Thomas