POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : 3D images (for Mike Horvath) : Re: 3D images (for Mike Horvath) Server Time
14 May 2024 17:42:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3D images (for Mike Horvath)
From: Alain
Date: 13 Jan 2016 12:23:07
Message: <569687fb$1@news.povray.org>

> Mike Horvath <mik### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
>> I've never been able to do the "stick your nose on the screen and look
>> at each image with a different eye" 3D images. Maybe there is a homemade
>> solution using cardboard glasses?
>
> I absolutely cannot do it if each image is more than 6 cm wide.  It's a mystery
> to me how anyone can.  Is there a significant portion of the population with
> double-jointed eyes?

This mean that your eyes are about 6cm appart, or you have some strabism
isue. For some other persons, it can be up to about 10cm appart.

> If I narrow the browser window to 12 cm, I can merge the images with some
> effort, but most of the detail is lost.  I get more satisfying results by
> switching the left and right images and crossing my eyes instead.  That way, I
> can view the images at a large size without eye pain.

You hit the limitation of parallel view: The image must be narower than
the spacing between your eyes.
Now, it must be notted that eyes spacing can vary quite a bit from
person to person, like around +-50%...
Why to you think the binoculars are articulated?
This mean that an image than can be viewed in parallel view easily by
the author may be impossible to view by many other persons.

Alain