POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 3D images : Re: 3D images Server Time
1 Jul 2024 09:48:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3D images
From: Stephen
Date: 12 Jan 2016 16:06:21
Message: <56956acd@news.povray.org>
On 1/12/2016 8:39 PM, Mike Horvath wrote:
> On 1/12/2016 3:21 PM, Stephen wrote:
>> A simple explanation at the beginning of this article.
>>
>> http://www.sky.com/shop/__PDF/3D/Basic_Principles_of_Stereoscopic_3D_v1.pdf
>>

> Thanks for that link. I will look at the StereoPhotoMaker software
> documentation for more clues. I would like to rely on that software as
> little as possible. Ideally I would do everything in POV-Ray and GIMP.

You can do it all in PovRay then combine the seperate images in
StereoPhotoMaker or similar.

>> Without getting arty ;) use between 40° and 60° that is roughly a 50mm
>> lens.
>>

> Okay thanks.
>
>> How are you going to drive your "Cardboard", what software?
>>

> I don't understand what you mean?

Once you have made your 3d Stereo image. How are you going to use Google
Cardboard to view it? Or have you not got to that point yet?
I tried cardbord a few months ago and I think that downloaded a few demo
apps one had a gallery IIRC. Unfortunatly I've uninstalled tha apps and
can't remember which ones they were.

--

Regards
     Stephen