POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 3D images : Re: 3D images Server Time
1 Jul 2024 09:29:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3D images
From: Mike Horvath
Date: 12 Jan 2016 14:52:28
Message: <5695597c$1@news.povray.org>
On 1/12/2016 2:17 PM, clipka wrote:
> By /adding/ a "look_at" statement? ;)
>
> For starters you might get away ok without look_at.
>
> What you really need to do is translate the camera a bit to the left (for the
> left eye) or the right (for the right eye) -- which is actually a deal easier if
> you don't use look_at, because with that statement you'd have to compute your
> effective left/right axis "manually".

Okay, but I was thinking that rotating by a small amount would be
better. Otherwise the point of interest gets translated too. Should I
use real-world measurements for the distance between the "eyes"?

>> Also, is there a particular angle of view I should be aiming for?
>
> That depends on the (apparent) angle at which the image will be visible using
> that contraption.

I don't understand what you mean. By angle of view I mean the camera
angle. Is there some natural angle that is most like human vision?

Mike