POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Colony ship : Re: Colony ship Server Time
27 Apr 2024 22:20:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Colony ship
From: Mike Horvath
Date: 11 Jan 2016 17:49:42
Message: <56943186@news.povray.org>
On 1/5/2016 11:31 PM, Mike Horvath wrote:
> I decided to dust off this old scene and work on a few more bits.
>
> I finalized how the docking bay and engine are going to be laid out, and
> I am happy with them.
>
> I also split the habitation area into two counter-rotating sections. I'm
> thinking of making the end caps concave, like the bottom of a soda can.
>
> A note about the cone in front. It's supposed to be a mesh of copper or
> gold wires that are electrically charged to keep dust from coming in
> contact with the ship. Kind of the opposite of a solar sail. I need to
> work on the wires a bit more to make them apparent.
>
> Enjoy!
>

> Mike

I changed the texture of the nose cone. I'm pretty happy with it. I
think I got all the things done on my checklist. I will put the project
back on the shelf until some later time when I come up with new ideas.
For now I am done.

Mike

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'gh_scene_spinner_cutaway_28_small.png' (1035 KB)

Preview of image 'gh_scene_spinner_cutaway_28_small.png'
gh_scene_spinner_cutaway_28_small.png