POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 3D images : Re: 3D images Server Time
1 Jun 2024 06:57:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3D images
From: Alain
Date: 10 Jan 2016 14:29:59
Message: <5692b137@news.povray.org>
Le 16-01-09 19:53, Mike Horvath a écrit :
> On 1/7/2016 7:01 PM, Mike Horvath wrote:
>> I just got done watching the new Star Wars movie in 3D. I kept the
>> glasses. How do I make images like that in POV-Ray?
>>

>> Mike
>
> I did a bit of browsing of Amazon looking for a nice stereoscope.
> However, they run between $40 - $100 which is too much.
>

> Mike

In several cases, you don't realy need a stereoscope.
If the images are side by side, and suficiently small, then parallel
viewing can work nicely. You look at the images as if they where farther
away than they are.
Often, when the side by side images are larger, you need to use the
crosswed eyes viewing method where you cross your eyes as if the images
where much closer than they actualy are.
Cost: Free.
With some practice, it won't cause eye fatigue. I can use bot parallel
and crossed view for hours.

If the images are supposed to be viewed with polaroid filters, you can
repurpose old polaroid sun glasses by removing the glasses and mounting
them in a cardboard frame at the correct angles.

Obviously, if you need shutter glasses, then, you just can't make a home
made version and need to buy some that are compatible with your equipment.