POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : Odd behaviour with sphere_sweep : Re: Odd behaviour with sphere_sweep Server Time
18 Apr 2024 10:50:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Odd behaviour with sphere_sweep
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 10 Jan 2016 12:35:17
Message: <56929655@news.povray.org>
Le 10/01/2016 17:19, MidiPlay a écrit :
> I'm using sphere_sweep with cubic_spline to try to get a nice smooth cu
rve, but
> part of it is missing:
> ----
> #version 3.5;

Are you sure ? (if yes... then emission in finish is not a good idea )

> global_settings { ambient_light 0 assumed_gamma 1 }
> background { rgb 0.05 }
> light_source { <0,+1000,0> rgb 1 }
>
> sphere_sweep
> {
>     cubic_spline
>         6,
>         < 0 ,  48 ,  277 >, 1
>         < 0 ,  88 ,  166 >, 1
>         < 0 , 115 ,   55 >, 1
>         < 0 , 115 ,  -55 >, 1
>         < 0 ,  88 , -166 >, 1
>         < 0 ,  48 , -277 >, 1
>         tolerance 0.1
>         pigment { color < 1 , 1 , 1 > }
>         finish { emission 1 }
> }

There is something strange with cubic spline:
* povray 3.6 binary gives a continuous curve
* povray 3.7 (stable, master, and others...) gives a curve splitted in
the middle.

Such split does not happen with linear_spline

> camera
> {
>     perspective
>     location < 320 , 100 , 0 >
>     angle 80
>     look_at  <   0 ,   0 , 0 >
> }
> ----
> The behaviour with linear_spline is also odd, there's a spike in the mi
ddle.  I
> can't see what I might be doing wrong.  I'm using version
> 3.7.0.msvc10-sse2.win32 on Windows XP.  Any suggestions?

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'strange.png' (8 KB) Download 'strange.pov.txt' (1 KB) Download 'strange36.png' (9 KB)

Preview of image 'strange.png'
strange.png

Preview of image 'strange36.png'
strange36.png