POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : "near sunset" : Re: "near sunset" Server Time
29 May 2024 05:27:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: "near sunset"
From: clipka
Date: 9 Jan 2016 13:14:59
Message: <56914e23@news.povray.org>
Am 09.01.2016 um 08:11 schrieb Sven Littkowski:
> Thanks. And this is another beautiful landscape. But the dark shadow
> areas are purple, instead of black. At this reduced early evening or
> late afternoon brightness, the shadows would be black, I think. But
> otherwise: woooww!!! :-)

As long as there's any trace of blue in the sky above, or any visible
clouds, you can expect shadows to be non-black.

As long as there are any illuminated mountain tops nearby, you can
expect shadows to be non-black.

Heck, even on the moon, where the surface has an albedo of no more than
5%, you can expect shadows to be non-black.

Also, make sure that your display is properly calibrated. If it isn't,
judging the appearance of images by such details as brightness of
shadows, overall hue, etc. is moot.