POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 3D images : Re: 3D images Server Time
1 Jun 2024 10:20:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3D images
From: Larry Hudson
Date: 9 Jan 2016 03:09:09
Message: <5690c025$1@news.povray.org>
On 01/07/2016 06:51 PM, Alain wrote:
> Le 16-01-07 19:01, Mike Horvath a écrit :
>> I just got done watching the new Star Wars movie in 3D. I kept the
>> glasses. How do I make images like that in POV-Ray?
>>

>> Mike
>
> The 3D glasses used for colour movies normaly use polarised glasses, vertical
polarisation on
> one side, horizontal for the other.

A point of trivia...  I know for a fact that the original 3D movies did not use
horizontal/vertical polarization -- they were both at 45°, one was / and the other
was \.  I
*assume* this is still the case but don't know.

Aside:  My father used to be a projectionist, and over the years worked at several
different
theaters.  So when I was young (a llooong time ago) I got to see movies for free
anyplace he
worked.  He retired, then later passed away quite some time ago, so these days I have
to pay.
:-(   So I rarely go to movies anymore (I'm cheap!)  ;-)

      -=- Larry -=-