POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 3D images : Re: 3D images Server Time
1 Jun 2024 10:35:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3D images
From: clipka
Date: 8 Jan 2016 16:22:12
Message: <56902884$1@news.povray.org>
Am 08.01.2016 um 21:51 schrieb Mike Horvath:

>> But when I went to see AVATAR in 3D-Imax at my local big cinema, I
>> remember
>> tilting my head to see what would happen-- and instead saw two
>> overlapped images
>> in each eye, with no 3D :-(  The glasses they gave out (on loan!) were
>> simple
>> polarizers, nothing active. So no circular polarization there, AKAIK.

Circular polarization isn't necessarily active either. Not sure if it's
even suited to make shutter glasses out of it. It's just another
polarization mode of light.

> I got a headache watching Avatar, but the new Star Wars was okay. Maybe
> they used different technologies?

It simply depends on the theater; both movies can be shown with either
technology.

When I watched Avatar, they already had the very same circular
polarization glasses with slight green/cyan tint.