POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : GUI for Povray : Re: GUI for Povray Server Time
1 Jul 2024 00:41:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: GUI for Povray
From: Sven Littkowski
Date: 8 Jan 2016 10:45:11
Message: <568fd987$1@news.povray.org>
It is an interesting topic.

And leads me to express my hopes, that soon there will be export
possibilities from POV-Ray to some major other formats.

Some of my scenes in POV-Ray contain WHILE and FOR loops, and
mathematical constructions. Those need to be exportable, too.

I know of the "Bishop3D", a modeller that can indeed import POV-Ray
scenes and work with them. In fact, I once was one of the Beta and Alpha
testers for this awesome program. The developer is in Brazil, and need
people to work together with him. I wonder, if his Bishop3D would be
already a good platform, to add export functionality towards other major
3D formats.

Fact is, in any case, export ability for POV-Ray scenes is LONG OVERDUE.
I want to be able to 3D-print my POV-Ray scenes, and also to add
features to them available only in other modellers.

Here's my official wish for POV-Ray 4.0:
EXPORT POSSIBILITIES
(3DS, STL, maybe more)
Hell of a work, but REQUIRED.
Could be done as external program.