POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 3D images : Re: 3D images Server Time
21 May 2024 05:27:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3D images
From: Stephen
Date: 8 Jan 2016 04:40:39
Message: <568f8417$1@news.povray.org>
On 1/8/2016 8:53 AM, scott wrote:
> If you've got a TV/monitor that works with passive glasses then give it
> a shot, you might get lucky. Often the TV will have a setting to
> override the 3D image format (side-by-side, interlaced etc) - you just
> need to match you POV images to the format the TV is expected,
> side-by-side is probably easiest to create.

Yes, you need a TV/monitor that is 3D Ready. If it is a monitor you need
a GPU and drivers. You will also need a transmitter to sync the glasses.

Reminds me of the opera glasses that turned up at jumble sales for
years. Long after theatres stopped putting them in the dress circle.
Where you could rent them for about sixpence. (Or am I just showing my age?)

--

Regards
     Stephen