POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 3D images : Re: 3D images Server Time
21 May 2024 16:13:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3D images
From: scott
Date: 8 Jan 2016 03:53:37
Message: <568f7911$1@news.povray.org>
>> I just got done watching the new Star Wars movie in 3D. I kept the
>> glasses. How do I make images like that in POV-Ray?
>>

>> Mike
>
> The 3D glasses used for colour movies normaly use polarised glasses,
> vertical polarisation on one side, horizontal for the other.

They can also use circularly polarised light (opposite handed-ness of
polarisation for each eye) as this doesn't require you to keep the
glasses horizontal.

Every LCD I've come across has linear polarised light coming out of it,
so if you can rotate your glasses in front of an LCD to make the image
go completely black then they're linear glasses, if not they're circular.

If you've got a TV/monitor that works with passive glasses then give it
a shot, you might get lucky. Often the TV will have a setting to
override the 3D image format (side-by-side, interlaced etc) - you just
need to match you POV images to the format the TV is expected,
side-by-side is probably easiest to create.