POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 3D images : Re: 3D images Server Time
21 May 2024 09:20:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3D images
From: Alain
Date: 7 Jan 2016 21:51:01
Message: <568f2415@news.povray.org>
Le 16-01-07 19:01, Mike Horvath a écrit :
> I just got done watching the new Star Wars movie in 3D. I kept the
> glasses. How do I make images like that in POV-Ray?
>

> Mike

The 3D glasses used for colour movies normaly use polarised glasses,
vertical polarisation on one side, horizontal for the other.
The projectors also have coresponding polaroid filters.
I tried this trick: Hold the 3D glasses upside down. The resuld is
inverted perspective.
Holding the glasses and pivoting them 90° and you can see the shift from
one image to the other very clearly.
Take two, hold them in such a way that you look through the left glass
from une and the right glass of the other, you'll only see black.

The only 3D glasses that you can use at home and in a cinema, are the
red-cyan ones used for black and white 3D movies.

3D TV and monitors use alternating right-left images and you need
special switching glasses to get the 3D effect. Special care must be
given to the synchronisation between the screen and the glasses, usualy
provided through a bluetoot signal.

Alain