POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Colony ship : Colony ship Server Time
26 Apr 2024 13:19:42 EDT (-0400)
  Colony ship
From: Mike Horvath
Date: 5 Jan 2016 23:31:20
Message: <568c9898@news.povray.org>
I decided to dust off this old scene and work on a few more bits.

I finalized how the docking bay and engine are going to be laid out, and
I am happy with them.

I also split the habitation area into two counter-rotating sections. I'm
thinking of making the end caps concave, like the bottom of a soda can.

A note about the cone in front. It's supposed to be a mesh of copper or
gold wires that are electrically charged to keep dust from coming in
contact with the ship. Kind of the opposite of a solar sail. I need to
work on the wires a bit more to make them apparent.

Enjoy!

Mike

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'gh_scene_spinner_cutaway.png' (693 KB)

Preview of image 'gh_scene_spinner_cutaway.png'
gh_scene_spinner_cutaway.png