POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Gamma issues again : Re: Gamma issues again Server Time
1 Jul 2024 01:32:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Gamma issues again
From: scott
Date: 4 Jan 2016 05:06:57
Message: <568a4441$1@news.povray.org>
> Later however, I found the time to revisit the issue, and found that
> good results /can/ be obtained; the key is to split up the colour
> information into brightness (i.e. the weighted sum of the colour
> channels) and chroma (i.e. the relative balance between the colour
> channels), interpolate the brightness non-linearly and the chroma
> linearly, and then re-combine the two properties into the new result colour.

Never realised that this had been implemented - great work!

What chroma values are you using?

Have you heard of MacAdam ellipses?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MacAdam_ellipse

My idea is that if you convert your chroma values to a colour space with
almost equal-sized MacAdam's ellipses, you can then just do a linear
interpolation in that colour space, and you should get "perfect" hue
blends for any colours.